Salamanca
John went to the Congress October 22 Return to Salamanca: Facing the Challenge: Rights, Rhetoric and current situation, he exposed his experience in a normal school with personal assistant.
His work was this:
My education in ordinary schools, is characterized by communication between teachers, the principal of each step, my family and me.
However, my start in the special school were marked by the different barriers, which made my teachers and the system.
The early stages of my education are these: special schools, and discussions between my parents and professionals about my educational.
Then my mother studied in England on how to educate takes the helm, and started working in Augmentative Alternative Communication. Then I begin to develop as a person away from the details of conflict between teachers in particular, and my common school teachers.
I am many years with the derivation of special, which did nothing for me, because they ran the Alternative Augmentative Communication and I put obstacles in my relationship with my school. For example, giving details of my condition in my workshops on integration.
At one point I could stop and remain as a special education student common only because I had my braces, from my family and social work. This social work, I paid and I paid personal assistance.
In the common school, have been greatly assisted me and my environment. I liked knowing what the world of children without disabilities and has helped me be in that world with my peculiarities. I love knowing that I've given my disability to the group as part of normal society.
Then I'll tell how to have personal assistance.
The first is that I do not like any, is better not to need it. But best of all is to be where I want to be and is so personal assistance becomes desirable. I need personal assistance all the time I'm out of bed, and this is how I develop my activities and my tastes.
At school, my personal assistant has to mimic the environment, knowing when to talk and always be my voice. Know, especially when silent. I mean I do not have to be an academic support, but a transparent support. We all the time
school together and we become friends and almost peers. She tells the teacher when I speak and read what I say in my community. Does what I say, I take notes, delivering my papers to the teacher, I write down the tasks on my agenda, I read what you have to read, and in the recess, is me if I need it.
I am very well, feel supported by my personal assistant, and say my stuff with confidence, because you say them correctly, respecting each letter that framework. It is very important, for me this confidence. Enables me to be in all places, with my voice and my way of being. My colleagues have adapted to my various personal assistants, which have lasted a long time, and were trained by me and my family. The school had much to do with the fluidity of relationships, and always had a lot of communication between my family and I and my teachers. Several years ago my mom almost did not go to school, and I fix all my issues.
My plan is to go to college next year. I'll have to work hard, doing advocacy, to make me admit, for my style of communication.
I know I will have support of the authorities and teachers in my school, my family and my assistants, and many friends.
I am very happy to have developed in a common school, and half have contributed to the particularities of my difficulties and my way of being. I'm sure the way is open, in this school and others, and that they are taking advantage of other guys.
However, my start in the special school were marked by the different barriers, which made my teachers and the system.
The early stages of my education are these: special schools, and discussions between my parents and professionals about my educational.
Then my mother studied in England on how to educate takes the helm, and started working in Augmentative Alternative Communication. Then I begin to develop as a person away from the details of conflict between teachers in particular, and my common school teachers.
I am many years with the derivation of special, which did nothing for me, because they ran the Alternative Augmentative Communication and I put obstacles in my relationship with my school. For example, giving details of my condition in my workshops on integration.
At one point I could stop and remain as a special education student common only because I had my braces, from my family and social work. This social work, I paid and I paid personal assistance.
In the common school, have been greatly assisted me and my environment. I liked knowing what the world of children without disabilities and has helped me be in that world with my peculiarities. I love knowing that I've given my disability to the group as part of normal society.
Then I'll tell how to have personal assistance.
The first is that I do not like any, is better not to need it. But best of all is to be where I want to be and is so personal assistance becomes desirable. I need personal assistance all the time I'm out of bed, and this is how I develop my activities and my tastes.
At school, my personal assistant has to mimic the environment, knowing when to talk and always be my voice. Know, especially when silent. I mean I do not have to be an academic support, but a transparent support. We all the time
school together and we become friends and almost peers. She tells the teacher when I speak and read what I say in my community. Does what I say, I take notes, delivering my papers to the teacher, I write down the tasks on my agenda, I read what you have to read, and in the recess, is me if I need it.
I am very well, feel supported by my personal assistant, and say my stuff with confidence, because you say them correctly, respecting each letter that framework. It is very important, for me this confidence. Enables me to be in all places, with my voice and my way of being. My colleagues have adapted to my various personal assistants, which have lasted a long time, and were trained by me and my family. The school had much to do with the fluidity of relationships, and always had a lot of communication between my family and I and my teachers. Several years ago my mom almost did not go to school, and I fix all my issues.
My plan is to go to college next year. I'll have to work hard, doing advocacy, to make me admit, for my style of communication.
I know I will have support of the authorities and teachers in my school, my family and my assistants, and many friends.
I am very happy to have developed in a common school, and half have contributed to the particularities of my difficulties and my way of being. I'm sure the way is open, in this school and others, and that they are taking advantage of other guys.
0 comments:
Post a Comment